The definition of Batik means writing with wax in Javanese and its main origin is in the island of Java that is situated in Indonesia.
However, India takes a lot of pride to have this exclusive art form but one should not forget that this art form got its renown after it arrived in the art schools of Shantiniketan which is situated in Calcutta.
It is really exclusive when one artist comes to know that wax resist skill is used in this creative art form.
Batik Paintings literally provide us with a lot of artistic freedom, and therefore, it makes it a choice of most of the artists.
There is an exclusive skill used in Batik Paintings, which is known as elementary skill which has been derived before thousands of years and can be easily traced to India, some kind of Africa, Middle Eastern countries and various regions of Asia.
There are 3 simple steps concerned in using Batik Painting as follows;
3. De-waxing, that is removing the wax.
2. Trace the designs out there.
3. Stretch the cloth over the frame.
4. Wax the particular portion of the cloth where dyeing is not necessary.
5. Get started with preparation of the dye.
7. Then boil the cloth so that the wax is removed.
8. Then finally wash the cloth completely with soap.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Murtaza_Habib